Friday, July 30, 2010

I wish I had completed my thoughts on my Ironman experience the day after the event.  I know I feel vastly different now than I did the first 24 hours after.  I yet to have the 'booyah' moment, the tears of joy or the sense of accomplishment that I truly expected to be with me for days, weeks or months after the event.
I do recognize that finishing is an achievement.  I also recognize that my goal at the beginning was to just finish.  I mean really?  Look at the quote that I have posted from Ironman Founder, John Collins on my side bar: 
"Ironman has always been about finishing what you started. About being able to do what set out to do. Maybe not as fast as the person in front of you but certainly faster than the person who never started........"
And yet...somewhere along the line, I let a sub 16 hour goal creep in.   And once again, I'm letting some random number plucked out of the sky influence me and dictate my feelings.  
Finishing in 15 hours and change was totally achievable for me on that day.  I know it was.  
But I didn't.  And I need to come to terms with that.  Soon.

No comments: