Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I'm here to report, 1 successful workout since my run on Sunday. Woke up with a gimpy knee Monday AM. I knew that it was tender when I rolled over during my sleep and could feel 'a pull' up and across the inside of my knee...I didn't realize how tender it was until I was outside and tried to speed my warm up to a jog. OUCH!
I ended up coming back to the house and taking the puppies for an early morning stroll. They enjoyed it and truth be told...it was a lot 'funner' walking 3k with company than the jogging the planned 5 k solo.
This morning should have seen me in the pool cranking out 3000 yards. But nope...slept in and took the pups out for another morning perambulation. Again, 'funner' with company but no where near my forecasted workout!
Good thing Yoga was a success tonight. I left work later than anticipated and it was a rush against time to get there. Combining that with my terrible sleep last night (hence the laying in this AM), it could have been easy to skip the class but I got it done and much happier for it!
Depending on the weather tomorrow, 'cause it's snowing right now and that tends to make traffic slow to a snails pace, I'll either get in 45 minutes on the trainer at home (preferable) OR head to the Y for whatever amount of time I have left after commuting in order to make my 9am meeting.
3000 yard swim is on for Thursday and a make up run (depending on knee status) on my scheduled day off! Which I guess isn't so bad since I'm hoping to 'flex' out of work a couple of hours early to lead into a 3 day weekend....

BRING IT ON!

No comments: