Thursday, June 25, 2009

367 Days....

So yesterday was spent with my stomach tied up in knots. Trying to piece together my dream of conquering an Ironman to the enormity of the challenge. Questioning whether I was capable of this task. I always stumbled, panicked and turtled when I thought of it in terms of 2.4,112 and 26.2. I would panic and let all kinds of negative thoughts swirl around. In talking with my husband, I said that Coeur d'Alene would be hanging over my head for a year IF I decided not to do it. I would always wonder what if until the June 27, 2010 passed.....

I needed to get my mind off ICdA so I moved along to reading the daily paper. The funny thing is, I'm not much of a horoscope reader but today I did:

AQUARIUS (Jan. 21 - Feb. 19): If you are feeling bored with your current routine then it is up to you to do something about it. No one can make life more interesting for you, so decide what needs changing in your life and get on with it.

I laughed and read it out loud to my husband. I read it again.

Something clicked, the gears changed and my train of thought switched: A year. 12 months. 52 weeks. With grit, determination and baby steps a lot can be accomplished. No one can do it for me, the goal has been determined. All that is left is to get on with it.

ICdA 2010 is my goal and I have a year to make it happen.
___________________________________________________________________
Activity: 4 mile run on treadmill, ~8 km bike ride on trails, 2 km walk with dogs

No comments: