Tuesday, June 23, 2009

368 Days....

What have I done?

Oh. My. God.

2.4 mile swim, 112 bike ride and a casual 26.2 run at the end......with of course "the cut offs":
Swim: 2 hours and 20 minutes, Swim/Bike: 10 hours and 30 minutes, Swim/Bike/Run: 17 hours


Me? Doing all of that? In one day? Holy Shit.

I see what they mean about it being a mental game, I could look at the below numbers and think of it two ways....

To date my farthest totals:
Swim - 1 mile
Run - 13.1 miles
Bike - 32 miles or 52 kms

a) Geesh, it going to be a long 6 months of training but I have a pretty good foundation to build on.
Or
b) AAAAAH, I haven't completed any of the required distances, at any time! Never mind within a 17 hour period.

Last night when discussing my impulsive registration, I told my husband that I wouldn't let Ironman consume me. It wouldn't be the only thing I talk about.

So far? I've failed miserably
___________________________________________________________________
Yesterday's Activity: ~ 3 km bike to Yoga, Yoga, 3 km bike home

No comments: