Thursday, March 04, 2010

Each day is getting a little better. It is too bad the week started the way it did. Everyone keeps telling me that Sunday's bike ride is like nothing they've even seen before. The biking conditions were deplorable and if I survived that, I can survive anything. Maybe. But every shred of biking confidence I had was destroyed during that ride. It doesn't help that since then...I've been the last biker on every single ride. The people have been great. In fact, in some cases phenomenal. Many people will drop back and ride with me, but it seems in my case, misery does not love company. I just need to plough through
I got a lot of work ahead of me if I plan on actually completing this journey.
Suntan lines have been acquired along with a sunburn on the face...not sure what to do. It's 55 and 30 SPF being applied ALL the time.

Today's agenda is a choice of bike or hike. With a 1.5 swim in the afternoon. Even though I need to work on the bike, I'm going to choose the hike today. Had enough of the fucking bike and being last. It is my vacation and I have Mt Lemmon to dread tomorrow.

Fuck. Whose idea was this.....?

No comments: