Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's Sunday. Weekend workouts are done!

65 kms on the bike and a 16 km run. Had 2 dropped chains during the ride, which I now know I can fix and a hard time with my gears. First thing that happened when I was picked up at the arranged meeting spot was take Mardi for a tune up. She just isn't riding right...

I'm pleased with the ride yesterday. It was a windy, windy day and that added to the experience. Today's run was a just gett'er done workout. Legs were moving but not with any finesse. The hills that surround us often make me want to stomp my feet. I know they are great built in training tools but g'eesh.

Anyhow. I'm on the deck now. Sun is shining, I've earned my beer and I'm making a to do list. Exciting things like laundry, empty dishwasher and obtain insurance quotes are on there. Woo hoo.

I really, really need to get going on organizing somewhere to stay during Ironman. I just can't get over the mark up on the house rentals.

Off to apply sun screen and stop the dogs from woofing at a passing puppy.

No comments: