Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I survived the weekend. Biking, running and an open water swim.  All done.

My reward?  Sitting on my deck in the early morning sun with a puppy beside me.  Love it!

The weekend overall was a blast.  The food, the wine, the company and most of the training was fun.

Highlights:

  • Meals that incorporated 7 to 10 people sitting around the table at one time ~ making it feel very festive
  • A cottage that rivals anything Martha Stewart could put together
  • Amazing weather.  Rain held off 
  • 140 km bike ride completed in a stoopid, krazy amount of WIND.  So much wind resistance that I was told the ride was equivalent to 170 km's.  Now?  I'm not a hundred percent sure if I was told that to make me feel better about the amount of whining and complaining I did.  BUT whatever.  170 km's!
  • Bike pit stop (lunch) in Creemore.  Complete with a half pint ~ my kind of training!
  • 10 km run with bike support and new running partners
  • Amazing food, cooked by others.  Thanks Stj & Robin
AND....ready for this?
  • An awesome open water swim!
    • The water was absolutely beautiful up there
    • No fish, no seaweed, no Sea Monsters!
Not one photo was taken.  Sorry.

But this is where I plan on spending the rest of my well thought out day off from work...

No comments: