Friday, July 31, 2009

Right. Proposal has been handed in on time and the long weekend is upon us! Good time to unwind, relax, get the house in order and get some long rides/runs in......Wheeeee!

I feel like I didn't get much accomplished this week work out wise. But in review, I did ok. This week was about getting in the basics. Nothing long, nothing fancy, just doing it.

The big learning this week is that I need to stick with Yoga. At the beginning of each session, you need to pay a lump sum ex. $126 for 8 weeks. I always wifflewaffle at the beginning of each session wondering if the money is best spent this way. Ya know, I could be saving for exciting things like a bathroom reno, or kitchen upgrade. However, with the triathlon learning sessions and open water swims landing on Tuesday's....I haven't been a regular attendee AND I can feel it. My upper back is extremely tight with the shoulders starting to move closer to my ears again. Other than open water swims, I plan on being a regular attendee. I guess I needed to have the break to see the value and benefit!

I have alluded to some people at work that an Ironman is on my bucket list BUT I have finally told two friends what I am up to. Told them I'm registered, the date and that I'll be there OR have a really, really decent reason of why I'm not there.....not sure how I feel about the word being out there.

Off to start the work day and create a 'relaxing' to do list for the long weekend.......

No comments: