Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy weekend. Fun Weekend. And amazingly enough it did not fly by in a blink of an eye!
**I have realized that I must start bringing a camera along for my rides to break up the post**

Friday we biked to work. It was a beautiful day and lovely temperatures! It really is an easy & great way to bank some cycling miles in the week. We stopped off of the way home and picked up a bottle of champers and had a fairly relaxing night at home catching up on newspapers and loving the animals. The order from the Running Store in Milton was also delivered during the day. So there was the unpacking of the wetsuit to be done as well. Note the unpacking only? There was no fitting. Totally not in the mood to meld myself into the Neoprene Outfit From Hell!

Saturday was rife with activity. I popped out of bed at a decent time and decided to tackle the Neoprene Outfit From Hell (NOFH). I ended up going with the entry level version of the suit I had tried and liked. They were unable to find the size that I required and had suggested this suit as an alternative as it was equivalent in sizing. I now regret believing this statement of equivalency . The NOFH is quiet tight across the back and pinches at the shoulders. I foresee chaffing in my future.......
Had I not managed to slice a 1cm line in my left shoulder during the fitting session, I would be returning the suit. So as it stands now. I have a suit to carry me through my August open swims and my week at the cottage. If I still hate the NOFH, I will sell online. If I manage to recoup the cost minus the rental fees I would have incurred, then I am not out of pocket. Live and learn. Live and learn.

After my intense wiggle, shimmey and sweat session. I woke the remainder of the house up, took the puppies for a stroll and started hustling us along for a bike ride.
Destination: Cranston Farm.
The first 'Sweet Corn' of the season is ready and is harvested each morning and sold at their stand during the day. Again, another lovely day for a ride. Overcast but a nice temperature. Just under 24 kms for 4 lovely cobs of corn, couple cans of beer, fresh bread and Advil! The remainder of the day was spent tootling around the house, working at my P/T job, napping and generally taking it easy!

Sunday was a wild day weather wise. We have been hit with some intense weather systems in the past month with massive flooding happening around the city. Today was no different. A serious thunderstorm rolled through and unfortunately it did not break the humidity that had rolled in overnight. I was to get in a long run of 16km....but that didn't happen. I managed to get the lawn cut and the mower away seconds before the skies opened up. Getting wet is one thing but the lighting and thunder were overlapping each other. It was insane. But no worries, I had a dog following me around the house making sure I was safe. Of course, it had absolutely nothing to do with him being a little frightened, it was alllll for my safe keeping: ) Then it was off to spend the afternoon on an airfield tarmac in the bright sunshine and brutal humidity. Unfortunately, it was overcast and rainy when I left and did NOT think to put on sunscreen. Yowee! I have some nice red stripes going on! Thankfully, there was a breeze and I had on a skirt and sleevless top. Unlike the poor souls who were in full military uniform standing at attention for 1.5 +

No comments: