Monday, August 17, 2009

It's Monday...blah!

The 30 km bike was was completed on Friday. We picked up an extra participant after a few after work brews. Amazingly the ride wasn't that wobbly! We celebrated by popping some champagne and another round (or two) of beers on the deck. Pizza was delivered and the night was complete!
Saturday morning was designated as getting work around the house accomplished. Thankfully, we popped outta bed fairly early and had the grass cut and whipper snipped before the heat really set in for the day. We were still stinky, sweating messes at the end of it all but nothing a cool shower couldn't fix. At this point, I didn't feel the need to ride my bike and become another puddle of sweat as I was visiting a friend for the afternoon...so I got a ride. I then spent the afternoon with beer, wings, a pool and good conversation. Good times indeed!
Sunday saw another fairly early start and another hot'n'humid day. Didn't beat the heat on this one but I managed to accomplish a 10km run and then a 5 km hike with my friend Pam and her pooch. Sweat was the name of the game yesterday. Cool showers weren't even cutting it. So sitting in the creek was the activity of the afternoon. Reading, drinks and puppy dog swims were the highlights.
And now it's Monday again. Can't say I'm thrilled about that especially since I've been up since 4am, unable to sleep. I think I'll hit the pool at 10.45 and see if I can 900m in. Need something to jump start my day.

No comments: