Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Need to start focusing on a healthy lifestyle. Enough of the beer/wine during the week. For some reason, my office mate is lacking motivation right now and wanting to enjoy a pint or two after work. I really MUST start saying 'no' and limiting after work drinks to once a month. I mean really? It is ridiculous to put in the effort and then basically wipe out any gains with alcohol.......

I wonder? Shall I even go as far as saying, no alcohol until 'The Cottage' in September? Pop the champers the start of vacation, September 4th ? Or should I purchase my very own Red with a twist top and bring it out (a glass) when a dinner warrants?

Tonight, I am hosting a girl's night. Appetizers and, ahem, wine. I will enjoy tonight's food, drinks and company without guilt BUT plan on sticking to a cleaner eating pattern after tonight. Can't wait for the chit chat that will happen tonight. I admit I am a little embarrased about the state of the property but I keep thinking of the saying ‘My friends are coming to visit me and not my house’. An abridged listing of my concersn:

  • It is very green. Green from the weeds that are growing rampant and wild.
  • Boxes of kindling (soaked and disintegrating) on the driveway.
  • Broken set of stairs from the deck to the garden (cordoned off).
  • A garden pathway that has a 10 inch gulley that has been washed away with all the rain.
  • Grass that really, really needs to be cut.
  • Did I mention the weeds? Right. The weeds.

It actually looks like a bunch of Red Necks live in the house. So I thought I would go with ‘the theme’ and bought a BOX of white wine for tonight. Nothing says Class like a BOX OF WINE!

Yesterday's Exercise:
750 yards in the pool

No comments: